Fresno Chamber Junior Board
The Junior Board Application window is now closed.
The mission of the Chamber is to create a healthy business climate which allows for the whole community to thrive. Like most stewards of the community, we are working to leave a better place for the next generation; but we believe the best way to ensure success is to get the next generation involved NOW.
The Fresno Chamber of Commerce Junior Board, presented by Milano Restaurants, is designed to be that outlet. This group will be composed of high school students who share an interest in promoting the community and business prosperity through advocacy and network development.
Mission of the Junior Board
The mission of the Junior Board is to learn how to become leaders in sustaining the business environment and affect change in their schools, neighborhoods and community.
What do Junior Board Members do?
- Learn how to conduct meetings, outreach, public speaking, group decision-making.
- Develop project ideas, project management and implementation
- Learn about the community of Fresno and the businesses within
Benefits of being a Junior Board Member:
- Gain a high quality, organized, and focused volunteer experience
- Learn to collaborate with city governments and other agencies
- Learn how to lead and follow for community betterment
What is the time commitment?
- Nine months starting in September and ending in May.
- Monthly board meetings are held the 4th Monday of the month from 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm at the Fresno Chamber office unless noted otherwise.
Who can apply?
- High School students between the ages of 14-19 who live in Fresno County and:
- Are interested in helping their communities
- Want to learn about leadership development, action planning and group decision-making
- Like working in groups, expressing opinions, and having fun