This Week in Brief
- Fresno City Council ratified an incentive zone deal that will make the Ventura/Kings Canyon corridor, east of First Street, an investment priority area within the City of Fresno, the Chamber was supportive and spoke in favor of its passage.
- The council also passed some additional regulations on Mobile Food Vendors, and background check/fingerprinting requirements for vendors primarily selling products to minors. The Chamber also spoke in support of this item.
- Legislative deadlines are on the horizon. Bills must be referred from fiscal to policy committees by the close of business on April 27th.
- We are monitoring trade issues and what they could mean to valley farmers and our Ag industry.
Events coming up:
- Eggs and Issues on May 25th on Immigration! With speakers from the US Chamber and Immigration/DACA group Fwd.Us