This Week in Brief
- The Fresno City Council will be having a workshop on the upcoming 2020 Census at their meeting this Thursday
- The Fresno Chamber has weighed in on 48 bills already in 2018, with many letters sent to legislators in support or opposition. We have weighed in on more than a dozen Job Killer pieces of legislation and are a part of statewide coalitions to stop these bills.
- Next week our Board and staff will be visiting Sacramento to talk to our local legislators about our 2018 legislative priorities, and the issues most affecting the Central Valley business climate.
- No progress on legislation relating to immigration reform, but kudos to Reps. Denham and Valadao for their efforts on bringing legislation to the floor.
- Eggs and Issues, May 25th on Immigration, click here for more information and to get your tickets!