This Week in Brief
- Mayor Brand will present his initial plan for the 2018-19 FY City of Fresno Budget
- The council will hear a presentation on marijuana regulations and taxes
- The Governor Jerry Brown presented his May revision to the annual state budget and warned against using the $7.5 billion currently being held in the discretionary surplus fund.
- Bills are currently making their way through the committee process, with many of them currently being held in the Assembly and Senate Appropriations Committees.
- Our organization’s board and staff will be traveling to Sacramento to discuss our state issue priorities with our elected officials.
- The Farm Bill failed passage in the house.
- There has been no movement on the two different immigration bills being held in the house.
- Absentee ballots are out, don’t forget to send yours in, click here to see our recommendations for the June 5th Primary election.
- Eggs and Issues this Friday on Immigration, click here to get your ticket before registration closes!