This Week in Brief:
- The Chamber GAC weighed in to oppose Councilman Garry Bredefeld’s Money Back Guarantee item, and spoke against it along with other community and business leaders at last Thursday’s City Council meeting. The item did not come up for a vote, but we will be monitoring the issue in case it does.
- The Chamber GAC also voted to support the parking lot expansion project that Producer’s Dairy brought forward for the City Council to consider. The Council voted to have the Mayor, Producer’s and Tower District neighbors meet and come to a compromise.
- The California State Senate had a change in leadership with Senator Kevin DeLeon (D- Los Angeles) being succeeded by Senator Toni Atkins (D- San Diego). We look forward to working with her on the issues affecting our business community and regional economy.
- President Trump signed a $1.3 trillion Omnibus package that will continue to fund the federal government. There has still been no comprehensive immigration or DACA legislation that has moved forward to help resolve either of the issues.
- Our PAC will be meeting and giving our recommendations for Fresno City Council, so stay turned for news very soon!